can't believe we are getting to the end of APRIL already!!
Sorry it has taken so long to post...I had to change to a google account to sign in, which was kind of a hassle with the computers here. But I finally got it to work, so hopefully it won't be four months again before the next entry--hopefully you are still interested in my life:) Thanks for everyone who has been sending me messages and letters and packages--makes me feel not so far away! I am missing you all though; I will be back before you know it though! I have been quite busy lately, but not a whole lot of it seems very news worthy. At the end of February, I had a cobra in my house, but I think everyone and their brother knows about that by now (if not, I can enlighten you upon request). I spent Easter in the village. Definitely a bit different celebrations here--a lot less material, go figure. I also put together an "HIV Scavenger Hunt" which was pretty fun, and no, I did not have them look for HIV. I just put together coded clues for different locations in the village, and when they found those places, they had to answer a question about HIV before they got the next clue. It was a new concept, but some caught on quickly (some less so). All of the parents thought this was hilarious as well, so fun had by all. I have pictures that I will hopefully get put up in the next day or so...Otherwise, trying to get a couple of other projects going. One of my groups got a grant from CRAIDS, so that has gotten others energized, so hopefully things will be materializing a bit quicker. Hopefully. I am also making next month a "Fathers Take Your Children to Under Five Clinic" month and I am making badges for it and everything; I want men in my village to realize that health is a family effort, not just a mother's responsibility (and 8 year old girls should not have to bear more responsibility in family rearing than their fathers, in my opinion). So hopefully it will go well. Also mobile VCT and a Radio Listening Group are in the formation process. So basically things are going pretty well. Again, wish I had more interesting stories (although I am sure you all love listening to work stories). While in town here, I am getting some paint for my house. I am looking for hot pink or some other crazy color, but who knows what I will be able to find. Early June will also be my chief's festival, so hopefully there will be some good stories associated with that, and I want to get to the national park here by August (transportation can be a bit tricky though). I made it through the rainy season though! And now on to the cold, windy season...not quite like a Wisconsin winter though--sounds like I missed a real one this year. Hope all is well! Hopefully I will talk to you all soon!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home