Adventures in Africa

***THE CONTENTS OF THIS WEBSITE ARE MINE PERSONALLY AND DO NOT REFLECT ANY POSITION OF THE U.S. GOVERNMENT OR THE PEACE CORPS***

Saturday, August 05, 2006

I don't have electricity, but I have a cell phone

So I have only one more week to go! I am definitely ready to be done... I am going to be giving a little speech with some other people in my local language during our swearing in ceremony which will be broadcast on national television, so that should be pretty interesting. I am going to venture a guess that it will not be podcast or anything, so sorry for that. I had a shirt made for it at the tailor here in Kitwe, which I will be picking up right after this. I hope it turned out well! The other big news is that I got a cell phone! and I have my new mailing address. However, I am a not a big fan of putting that info on the internet, so if you would like it, just shoot me an e-mail or ask my mom...I won't readily be able to charge my cell phone though as I won't have electricity at home, so I won't have the cell phone on all of the time (sorry about that, Rick), but I will be most likely to have it on during my evenings, after five or so my time. I also can receive text messages on it too... Anyway, it is pretty exciting, and kind of funny to me when I think about it, especially since I didn't even have my cell phone in the US for a full year before I came here. Anyway, I best get going before the shops close. Hope to hear from you soon!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home